BBC have finally officially confirmed that a new series of Only Fools and Horses
is planned here are some of the facts so far.
BBC Director of Entertainment Alan Yentob said, "It's been a long wait, but the best things are always worth waiting for."
- Filming began on 19th November 2001
- The series consists of three episodes
- Most of the previous stars have signed up,
so far confirmed are John Challis, Sue Holderness and Roger Lloyd-pack.
- The first episode was based around Uncle
Albert's funeral. But Del Boy and Rodney will end up at another burial by
- Del and Rodney loose their fortune on the
Central American Market.
- The series has a budget of three million UK
- David Jason will pocket three hundred
thousand pounds from the series
- The BBC aired the first show
at 21:05 on Christmas Day (25th December) 2001, then will air a further two episodes over
Transmission dates for the two remaining episodes are still to be announced.
- Editing of the first episode finished on Christmas
- Del Boy was to appear on Who Wants to be a Millionaire in the new Only Fools and Horses mini
series. However, this has been shelved as the BBC and ITV could not come to
an agreement over the repeating of the series on ITV.
- The cast have been filming scenes in
Montreal during the week of 21st November 2001
- The cast are were filming Uncle
Albert's funeral in Weston-super Mare the week of 26th November 2001
- Del Boy appears in a fictional quiz
after ITV and BBC could not strike a deal to have Del appear in Who Want's
To Be A Millionaire, filming of this took place at Pinewood Studio's on 7th
- The BBC had started showing previews
for their Christmas schedule, and heading the previews is Only Fools and
- Damien is played by 11 year old Benjamin
Smith, Benjamin has already appeared in Holby City, The Armando Project and
- Jonathan Ross appeared as the quiz master in
Goldrush, the fictional quiz in the first episode.
- Producers are reported to have insisted on filming more than one ending to
the first episode prevent the plot being leaked.
- The first episode is seventy minutes
- This is the first time the series will
be broadcast in Widescreen
- The first episode is called
"If They Could See Us Now......!"
- Whilst the BBC used the Reliant Robin in
much of it's promotion for the Christmas 2001 episode, it was not shown in
the first episode, however, the green Capri Ghia was.
- The second episode is currently being filmed
in France (18th March 2002).
- The Trotters are rumored to bring back a
stowaway from France in the second episode.
- Del-Boy and Rodney discover they have
different dads in the last episode.
- The final episodes will be called Strangers
on the Shore and Sleepless in Peckham.
- The second episode
is an old-style Only Fools and a good laugh, while the last one contains some
revelations involving the family.
Cast Filming in Montreal
Raquel, Del and Cassandra at Alberts funeral
with his wreath
Hearse arrives with RAF tributes for another funeral
Trotters arrive at their hotel
ONE's Christmas 2001 Advertising Campaign featuring Delboy's Reliant Robin
Stretched limo created by digital wizardry